Launch X431 Tech has developed Launch iCarScan VCI Bluetooth Auto Diag Scanner a new replacement of Launch X431 iDiag (out of production currently.) Here is the instruction on how to register, activate and update/download iCarScan software.
First of all, getting started with the iCarScan main function buttons:
|1||Function menu button: Tap on it to unfold function menu.|
|2||Login button: Tap on it to login or register the diagnostic system. Once users have logged in successfully, it will change
to your username.
|3||Vehicle region tab: Tap on different tabs to switch to corresponding vehicles.|
|4||Free tag: It indicates this software is offered to you free of charge.|
|5||Vehicle software logo: To start diagnosing a vehicle, you have to download the corresponding diagnostic software.|
|6||Downloadable icon: It indicates that the current diagnostic software has not been downloaded or purchased yet.
Once downloaded, it will disappear from the lower right corner.
|7||Reset Series software: A total of 3 reset function software is available free of charge.|
How to register & update Launch iCarScan VCI OBD2 scanner
I． Download & Install the iCarScan App
The iCarScan app is free to download.
2. For new users, tap on “Register” to proceed to next step. For existing users, input your Username and Password directly.
4. Click on “Register Connector“.
5. Enter the Serial Number and Verification Code, which can be found in the password envelope in the package:
–To register the connector later and exit, tap on “No Connector”. In this case, you can also activate it by tapping on –“Function Menu” button > “Mine” — > “Activate Device”.
III. Download iCarScan software
By default maximum 5 software (excluding DEMO, EOBD and 3 Reset series software) can be selected for free download.
To purchase other software, you need to pay extra fees (66USD per brand). For details on purchasing diagnostic software,
Attention: The purchasing agreement for the software is for ONE year subscription. Once it expires, only the older version becomes available and in this case you may renew your subscription to enjoy the latest version and more functions.
Here we take GM as an example.
2) Tap on “Purchase Now” to go into order confirmation page.
3) Double check if your order information is correct and then tap on forward button to enter the payment method page.
4) Select one of payment types, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction.
Only after payment has been made successful for diagnostic software or software package can the software or software package be downloaded.
1) Click on GM logo, a screen similar to the following appears:
2) Tap on “Download Software“. Tap on forward button to start downloading.
3) Tap on forward icon to start downloading.
4) Once downloading finishes, tap on forward button to return to the main menu interface and the Download icon of the GM logo disappears.
Vehicle connection-Bluetooth wireless connection