GM Tech 2 Diagnostic Scanner, a very good tester used to diagnose GM vehicles,comes with Authentic GM software and supports on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru 2014, With freeTIS2000, you can do programming for GM cars till year 2007.
Tech2 Tech II Diagnostic Scanner with TIS2000 Candi in Carton Box
GM Tech 2 scanner Highlights
1. Slight Package to save lots of shipping cost and much more convenient to pass customs house
2. Supports diagnose for 6 car brands:
GM/ SAAB/ OPEL/ SUZUKI/ ISUZU/ HOLDEN
3. Supports multi-language:
English/ German/ Spanish/ Japanese/ French/ Italian and others
4. Can be Updated by 32mb card,
1 memory card and contains 1 software included, you can buy extra 32MB Memory Card
to do more cars
5. Work on Trucks with truck adapters
6. Supports online programming function if you have online access account
7. Supprt all for GM systems from 1991-2014, while programming for GM cars till 2007.The opel cars supported year range is 1997-2014.
8. Easier connection than SP23-1
TECH2 Software Version:
for GM-English 33.004 1991-2014 (Newest software)
for GM-Germany 32.007 1991-2014
for GM-Spanish 32.008 1991-2014
for GM-Italian 32.006
for GM-Japanese 32.006 1991-2014
for GM-French 32.008 1991-2014
for GM-Thai 32.008 1991-2014
for GM-Dutch 32.006
for GM-Portuguese 32.008 1991-2014
for GM-Korean 32.008 1991-2014
for SAAB-English 148.000 1998-2013
- OPEL Vauxhall, choose OPEL/Vauxhall Card
for OPEL-English 1997-2014 180.000 (Newest software)
for OPEL-Italian 133.001 1997-2012
for OPEL-Germany 85.001 1997-2008
for OPEL-Spanish 91.001 1997-2009
for SUZUKI-English 01.210.020
CAN-BUS: 2006-2010 (CAN-BUS support car models from 2006 to 2010) V11.640
K-line: 1998-2011 (K-line support car models from 1998 to 2011) V107.021
(Please select one: CAN-BUS or K-line)
for HOLDEN-English 149.000 1999-2013, (it is north American Holden card)
: It is for North American Holden cars, for Australia Holden, please check gm mdi2
, use online id and password to do it or find the holden card in your local place.
GM tech2 Comparison in Gm-Tech2.com:
|Fast Look At All Tech2 Clone For GM
||Best (Good connection)
||Best (Good connection)
|After Sale Service: One Year!! Enough Stock Ready Ship!
There are 4 kinds of Tech2 in our website, they are SP23-B3, SP23-B, SP23, and SP23-1
All of them has the same function, the difference is:
Case pack: SP23, SP23-B, cheaper price choose SP23, best quality choose SP23-B
Carton pack: SP23-1 SP23-B3, cheaper price choose SP23-1, best quality choose SP23-B3
GM TECH2 Features:
1) GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
Vetronix Tech 2 Specifications
1) Microprocessor: 32 bit,16 MHz
2) Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion.
3) Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
4) Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once .Download Tech2 Brochure (5.2 Mb)
An industry change in protocol from OBD II to Controller Area Network (CAN) has begun. In order to perform diagnostics on a vehicle that uses the CAN interface;
You will need the Tech 2 Flash and a CAN diagnostic interface module. The module connects between the Tech 2 Flashs diagnostic link cable and the OBD adapter.
Once the module is connected, it can be used on all GM vehicle applications,even those vehicles using other platforms such as OBD I and OBD II.
GM vehicles utilize the CANdi module interface
05 Buick Allure (3.6L)
05 Buick LaCrosse (3.6L)
05 Buick Rainier (5.3L)
04-05 Buick Rendezvous (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac CTS (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac SRX (3.6L / 4.6L)
04-05 Cadillac XLR (4.6L)
05 Cadillac STS (3.6L / 4.6L)
05 Chevrolet Cobalt (2.2L)
05 Chevrolet Corvette (6.0L)
05 Chevrolet Equinox (3.4L)
05 Chevrolet TrailBlazer (5.3L)
05 Chevrolet SSR (6.0L)
04 Chevrolet Malibu (Body/Chassis only)
05 Chevrolet Malibu (3.5L)
05 GMC Envoy (5.3L)
05 Pontiac G6 (3.5L)
05 Pontiac GTO (6.0L)
05 Pontiac Pursuit (2.2L)
TECH 2 Package list:
1pc x Tech-2 Flash Tester
1pc x 32 MB PCMCIA Card with GM OE Applications
1pc x CAN diagnostic interface module(CANdi) and instruction sheet download (199.2 kb)
1pc x RS232 cable and user manual
1pc x RS232-DB9 adapter
1pc x DLC Cable, DLC Loopback Adapter
1pc x 12V Cigarette Lighter Power Cable
1pc x SAE 16/19 Adapter
1pc x NAO 12/19 Adapter
1pc x Battery Power Cable
1pc x TIS 2000 CD
GM Tech2 Connection With Candi Interface:
GM Tech2 Connection Without Candi Interface:
This article includes all GM Tech2
scanner Vetronix clone feedback Yes and No list, aiming to help the GM technicians who are new to GM TECH2.
Part 1: Feedback Yes
– Used my GM tech II to retrofit tcs and marry a non divorced cd changer.
– reads everything a genuine one does. Heck, it’s probably made in the same factory as a genuine one with a different sticker on it. Pinpoint bad air bag sensors, turned on the tpms on both our Z’s.
– It works exactly like any others I’ve used at gm dealers over the years
– $339 for a brand new tech2 with a CANDI module all the cables and adapters and case is great
-connected to my intimidator ss and everything was there
– Change one of my c5s that is canadien to US to disable the auto headlights because they don’t always open when they should and when they do work right they come on too early.
– You have to specify GM English when you order the unit. There are a lot of other cards for different languages Saab, Holden, etc
– Is now fully functional for F body, C5 and C6, It cost me a lot more than the initial $1000 that I thought was a good deal.
– Plugin to my ’08 93 Aero and play around with the typical body and key features. My primary reason for picking up the Tech II was to program a spare key. I figured ~$500+ at a dealer or ~$400 on my own would be well worth it…obviously if I received a working, defect free, unit.
– Programming a key and changing some of the standard comfort features.
– Able to get security access using an old Dell laptop from my IT guy’s graveyard.
– Programming a new key was easily as 1-2-3
– Changed my key-unlock settings to all at first press, and then lock on drive off/open on key out was a snap.
– If you had a Tech2, you could possibly talk to the dealer and have them access their TIS system to load the BCM or PCM calibration to your Tech2. Some may do it.
If you can’t do that, just buy additional TIS2000 with USB key.
– Hooked it up to test engine, ABS, transmission etc, stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, live data all the test result were displayed on the large, easy –to-read backlit screen. It helped to carry out accurate and stable diagnostic function.
– Compared with GM MDI, Tech2 scan tool covers more vehicles including OPEL, GM, SAAB, and Isuzu.
-used it on my GMC for air bag warning
-Tried it on my 2006 Silverado & worked ok.
– The tis 2000 needs windows XP, Vista, win8.1, Win 7 32 bit.
– Able to easily and completely program out the TPMS system
– I have used mine to do two crank sensor re=learns and did the brake bleed on mine for the EBCM flush and it worked fine
– I am fairly certain it works on all GM cars til 2013. I have used it on my 03 GMC full size pickup, and my sisters 07 Trailblazer !!!! (and my 99 vette of course).
-If you have a 1997-2000, the TPMS is in the firmware and cannot be programmed. With the addition of the Z06 in 2001-2004, it can be programmed.
– Bleed the ABS ok.
– Used to cycle and bleed the ABS brakes on my C6 ok
-Plugged it in to my 2011 Z06, and activated the Afterblow feature. I also cleared some old DTC codes that were in history. It works just fine and the quality feels genuine. It’s a pretty good knock off. Even came with all of the stickers from the Veltronix manufacturer. I assume they are knock off too.
– Used it to program my key fobs for my Malibu but also have 4 other Chevys
Part 2: Feedback NO
– GM tech2 scan tool would NOT work with All C5’s, if you are going to use it on a C6,, make SURE you have the CAN D modules.
– Cars only, no trucks, be advised to use Allscanner VXDIAG VCX HD heavy duty scanner.
….To be continued…